Thursday 19 March 2015

New issue 2015.32

“It was not in my nature to be an assertive person. I was used to looking to others for guidance, for influence, sometimes for the most basic cues of life. And yet writing stories is one of the most assertive things a person can do. Fiction is an act of willfulness, a deliberate effort to reconceive, to rearrange, to reconstitute nothing short of reality itself. Even among the most reluctant and doubtful of writers, this willfulness must emerge. Being a writer means taking the leap from listening to saying, ‘Listen to me.’”

—Jhumpa Lahiri
 [ Issue 2015.32; Cover art © 2015 Cécile Matthey ]
Download e-book version: PDF | EPUB | Mobi

Rate and review TFF #32 at Goodreads

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved 'Disconnected' by Vanessa Fogg. I felt like I could taste and smell this world and all its brokenness. Thank you for a wonderful story.

Anonymous said...

I really like social commentary fiction like "Disconnected." Fogg nicely paired story with concepts - and described the Brave New World very vividly and plausibly.
Good work!