We want stories from as many diverse people as possible, especially from people with disabilities (visible and invisible, physical and mental), chronic illness or mental illness, who are neuroatypical, or people who have an understanding of the institutional and social construction of disability. We welcome stories from marginalized groups within the speculative fiction community (e.g., QUILTBAG, people of colour, non-North American writers), and from anyone with sensitivity to intersectional politics.
Submission GuidelinesWe pay $0.06/word (six cents a word) for global English first publication rights in print and digital format. The authors retain copyright.
- Send your submissions to email@example.com by midnight UTC on November 30th, 2014.
- Length 2500-7500 words (with a preference for 4000-6000 words).
- No reprints or simultaneous submissions.
- Attach your story as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file, with your name, the story title, and the wordcount on the first page.
- We do not require or request that submitting writers identify themselves as a person with a disability, but we respect anyone’s desire to self-identify.
For details, see the full CFS at futurefire.net/guidelines/accessingfuture.html.